Café Latte

Café Latte
Café Latte

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Best Crazy Ever

Okay, I have done some pretty crazy things in my life but this trumps everything. I had my eyes tattooed! No, no, not with some crazy designs. Though, I did find Johnny Depp's eye make-up in the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean" intriguing. I had my upper and lower eye lids outlined. I have wanted to do this for some time, but lacked the courage to do it. Some friends recently went and had their eyes done with very good results. I now had visual references, a studio name and an artist with experience and a solid track record. This was all the encouragement that I needed. An appointment was made. I was still very concerned about my decision. I felt like I was playing with fire. These are my only eyes!  The night before the appointment, I was anxious and restless. By 3:00 a.m. I was on the computer researching the pros and cons of eye tattoos. Even Mayo Clinic weighs in on eye tattooing. "Don't do it"! This startled me. Mayo Clinic is the Mecca of Medicine. They saved my mother's life last year. I value their opinion. I felt sick to my stomach. Still, I decided to keep the appointment. I was going with 3 friends, who were all scheduled for a tattoo as well. I could always back out. On the way to the tattoo studio, I expressed my need to go first. Funny, everyone was in agreement? What can I say, they know me well!

Ricardo, of "Tattoo Rich" (Merida), was very professional. When I stepped up to take a seat in his chair, I clasped my shaking hands together and proceeded to tell him that I was very nervous. He smiled and laughed! There was no hiding. My nerves were visibly out of control. We discussed color and application. I wanted to look very natural. My eyes were prepped . With my friends huddled around the chair for support, Ricardo began. The girls reminded me to breathe. I hadn't realized I had been holding my breath for 2 minutes! There was no pain. There was a bearable amount of pressure on the eye and eye lid due to Ricardo's finger placement in holding the lids still and in place. The tattooing of the lower eye lid was visually weird. You are looking into a bright light and even though you are told to look up, you still have sight of the tattoo gun coming at your eye.. Ricardo was very fast and precise. In less than 10 minutes, I was happily admiring my new eyes in the mirror. Yes, this is the best crazy ever..................
Seriously Up Close And Personal
Natural / Make- Up Free

La Senora




1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jodie, you are much braver than me! Maybe I will change my mind after all...
    Abrazos Heather

    ReplyDelete