Café Latte

Café Latte
Café Latte

Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Beauty And Wonder Of A Door

Santa Elena, Yucatan, Mexico

Yucalpeten, Yucatan, Mexico
I love doors! The older, more distressed the door is, the more beauty and wonder it beholds. When I look at a door, I see an untold story. How old is this door? Is this the original door? Was this door always located here or has it been moved and why? Who lives behind this door? How many families saw this door as home? Does this door lead to happiness or despair? Is the color of the door symbolic? What is the happiest and saddest piece of history this door has lived through? Depending on the imagination, the questions are endless and so may be the story.............

La Senora
Progreso, Yucatan, Mexico


1 comment:

  1. Yes! I agree. 'Who' has passed through this door? 'What intent' or 'Feelings' did the people that passed though this door have.
    I would love a door such as these.
    Doors in Italy struck me the same way.

    Jay D.

    ReplyDelete