Café Latte

Café Latte
Café Latte

Monday, December 24, 2012

Reaching For The Sun


Pyramid of the Sun, Pyramids Of Teotihuacan, Mexico
(Photo courtesy of About.com.Mexico Travel, Teotihuacan Tour, By Suzanne Barbezat, About.com Guide) 

The Pyramids of Teotihuacan, "Where Men Become Gods", is one of Mexico's oldest and most impressive archaeological sites. Teotihuacan, at it's peak of development, is believed to have been the sixth largest city of  Mesoamerica. The ruins are massive stone structures, that have remained rich in detail. The two main pyramids at this site are known as Pyramid of the Sun and Pyramid of the Moon. Pyramid of the Sun, stands majestically at approximately 246 feet, making it the third tallest pyramid in the world! The grounds are impeccably maintained and the pyramids are open to those who wish to climb. Oh how I want to reach for the sun......

I have a fear of heights. Actually, I like to say I have a 50% fear of heights. Odd, right? But you see, I can climb upwards with very little fear, it is coming down, that can paralyze my mobility or have me scratching my way on all fours. Maybe what I have is a fear of falling? Whatever it may be, it is real and has held be back from witnessing some pretty amazing views. I have gotten better over the last few years. I have come to realize that opportunity has its' limits. I will not always be in good physical shape or be able to trust the capability of my legs, balance, or eyesight. Now is the time. So, as I stand among the Pyramids of Teotihuacan I find myself brave in words, but weak in determination. I really want to climb the Pyramid of the Sun.  El Senor offers me words of encouragement. "Set the pace, I will be right behind you."

Here We Go!

The View From The Top
(Behind, Pyramid Of The Moon)

There is power within your being, when you break through a fear factor. In that moment, you are the"King or Queen of the World". You also know, should opportunity arise again, you won't be on the sideline nervously wringing your hands, you will be first in line!

La Senora




2 comments:

  1. Good for you, La Senora. To get the most out of life you are supposed to do one thing you fear each day. Your pyramid climb probably counts for a whole year.
    Affectionately,
    H & N

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same fear of heights/falling. Congrats on conquering the climb! The steepness in the first photo makes my palms sweat.

    ReplyDelete