Café Latte

Café Latte
Café Latte

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Waiting On The Morning Train


I have a fascination with train travel that started in my youth. My paternal grandparents would travel by train from New York to Wisconsin for their yearly summer visits. I can remember picking up my grandparents, with my Dad, at the Amtrack Station in downtown Milwaukee. This was a very anticipated ride as a child knowing that my grandfather would arrive with pockets full of candy! It is the little things in life that seem to leave the greatest memories in my heart. I also fell in love with the train scene from the movie "White Christmas", enjoying the characters played by Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen as they traveled to Vermont with such grace, entertaining the viewer from the sleeping cars to the dining car.

Querétaro has an old train depot located in Centro. The depot was built in 1904 and is no longer in use for passenger travel. The railway is still a working track moving freight throughout Mexico and to the U.S. border. Today the depot is home to the Train Museum.

Old Train Depot And Museum

Passenger Walkway

Outdoor Waiting Area For Departures And Arrivals

El Señor and I were the only guests, on the morning of our visit, allowing us to peacefully sit back, enjoy the view and imagine what it must have been like in the olden days, when everyday was filled with the hustle and bustle of travelers.

Ticket Booth

 Information Desk And Holding Closet For Bag Storage

El Señor Waiting On the Morning Train
Over the past 8 years there has been much interest, talks and proposals regarding the revival of passenger service with a high speed rail system for intercity travel within Mexico. I hope that during my time, as a resident of Mexico, I will have the privilege to see this become a reality and be a passenger as well.
Choo, choo....all aboard.............



I hope you have enjoyed and please feel free to share this blog with family and friends!
La Señora

No comments:

Post a Comment